The author of this blog stopped writing here long time back. The posts published here embarrass her now. And hence, there is very little chance that she is going to write here again.

This blog is hence declared to be in a state of COMA.

How To Become An Avid Reader: Task 1



I am not an avid reader, but I do realize that I ought to be one. One misses out on an unimaginable amount of knowledge assets by not being a good reader, and I want to correct that for myself. And, what better a time than summer vacations to do that! (vacations that precede the placement season... err okay.)

If interested, you can join me on my little journey by keeping up with this series that begins with this very post. Let us see how many days it will take us to really "get into the mode". I'll think of tasks for us on a timely basis, and if you choose to follow along, don't forget to keep me updated on the status of your progress, just as I will. A comment or two is all that it would take.

So, without further ado, let's begin with a very simple task for today.


TASK:-

1. Jot down the names of all the books that you have ever read—STRICTLY other than your text books. Bookworms are welcome, nerds aren't.

2. Next, you might want to list down names of websites that you regularly read. No, don't count in Wikipedia and the likes that come to your service as saviors in ass-on-fire times. Also don't count in those random pages that you once upon a time had stumbled upon, courtesy a link shared by someone. You know what I mean, don't you? In slightly exaggerated words, these have to be websites that will make you jump out of your chair thinking, "Oh, yes! I have to see what's latest on there!" So you will type their URL in the address bar, unless they are bookmarked, and then will get engrossed in reading them for maybe hours... though that is not very important as long as you are reading.

3. Now think, was that a tough job? Did it completely shake your memory completely out of its comfort-zone to make that list?

If yes, you are probably an ardent reader who has been reading ever since (s)he learnt to read. You probably don't "need" this post, but I'd still like you to read along and correct me at places where I might not be wrong or best opinionated. Why? Because you are the ruler of the state that we are yet to even enter!

If not, you and I need to work. And you know what, this series might just be a good thing to add to your scantly populated reading list.

My answer at the end of the task: Damn, I just realized I am a bad reader. Err obviously, that's why I am writing this post. I have read some thirteen novels till now, which are listed in my Goodreads profile (you might like to do that too)... to keep myself updated. Weird reason, I know.
And websites, I am not a regular reader of my own websites, forget the others. Oh damn, there's so much to strive for. But good thing, this is the best way I could use my vacations. So, bring it on!

Accomplishment: At least we now know how good or bad a reader we are, isn't it?

We shall overcome!

Share this post with your friends

What do you think about this post?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Liked this blog? Keep connected, to keep reading.

'Coz everything here, is close to my heart

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Statistics since 8 June, 2011:-

From the bottom of my heart, a message for the lazy-bones.

A very wise writer once said:
If you really like something, you must "LIKE" it too!

Needless to say, the wise writer was/is me. :|

Copyright © SUGANDHA


  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital