The author of this blog stopped writing here long time back. The posts published here embarrass her now. And hence, there is very little chance that she is going to write here again.

This blog is hence declared to be in a state of COMA.

The God Of Inside



A weird dream I saw last night
A nightmare, some may say, for all its might.

A horrific prisoner, in it saw I
In the heaviest of chains, was she tied.

The crime what was, I do not remember
As a matter of fact, it doesn't even matter.

It was a castle, oh so majestic!
With every brick, laid so artistic.

Stood there gentlemen, all clad in black
Staring at the guilty, with eyes ready to attack.

The guilty however, seemed unafraid
The key to freedom, as if with her laid.

'Imprisoned for a decade, the guilty stands now!'
Shouted one of them, the voice echoing loud.



The guilty seemed unmoved, with traces of a faint smile
The men frowned, their attempts to scare her going futile.

'Your one wish?' muttered one
Frustrated at it, being a custom.

The guilty grinned, for the wait was going to cease
And the men'd know, how she was still at ease.

'My one wish, sir,' she finally begun
In their places the men shifted, eager to listen.

'is to see a photograph, of all my loved ones
and be made to listen to music, my soul on which runs.

'Done with that, my eyes thou blindfold
Ears too, shut from noises of the world.

'Tie me then in chains, the heaviest thou may find
Lock me up in thy prison, the scariest ever for mankind.

'And after a decade, when the punishment is well over
Free me out! Again in the world to rover.'

The gentlemen glared, taken aback by full surprise
More at her confidence, than the wish that seemed least wise.

But, 'the wish' that it was, the deed had to be done
Photographs were brought in, enchanting music was put on.

The last free moments, thoroughly the guilty hence relished
The jury grumbled, for though mystic, her wish couldn't be banished.

The rite was done, everything else followed suit
Blindfolded, made deaf, she was shown the cage's route.



Ten years passed by, in that little dark chamber
A decade of aloofness later, they didn't expect her to be sober.

But lo! what they saw, was least easy to swallow
For once they thought, if she was someone to hallow?

The still alive smile and a face so at peace
Least matched her health, that had grown very weak.

'How?!' the prison-keeper mighty exclaimed at her
'How did you pull it off, as if in all leisure??!

'For years I have seen prisoners, come in and go,
Never came one, whose sanity the jail didn't blow!

'Then what is the divine power, that you apparently possess?
For the shock is real gripping, may I confess!'

The guilty, now free, smiled even wider this time
Amused at how ignorant they were, of a power so divine.

'Well...', finally started she,
'My power, I promise, is also possessed by thee.'

Everyone exclaimed, was it a magic they too could perform?
'WHAT power but?' the saner of them asked with a frown.

'Love and music,' the reply came clear and loud
Raising many brows, showing signs of utter doubt.

'Before being jailed, riveting music I had listened
And gotten my ears shut, from the noises that'd surround. 
Its harmony empowered me, all the while I was imprisoned
And hence, protected from any unpleasantness around.

'The pictures  of my beloved that I last saw, I never let go
From eyes that saw nothing but darkness, and them.
So there wasn't one moment with my spirits getting low
For the power of LOVE didn't let me give up in the long run.

'For music runs my soul, 
"Love" runs me as a whole,
And with the two's eternal guiding light,
Darkness, in life or in jail, won't ever be a plight.'



Saying this all, she left the place
Happy smiles, still adorning her face.
While the men gaped, in utter surprise
Realizing how the 'god of inside', had belittled in their lives. 

The prison-men are 'us', giving up at life's testing times 
While the power we pray for, in us actually resides
Love, music, or any other it maybe.
But being the lead myself, 'music' and 'love' struck to me.


By,
Share this post with your friends

What do you think about this post?


12 comments:

rachita,  December 20, 2010 at 10:34 PM  

WOW! Simply wow!! One of ur best pieces, i can say..It kept me hooked till the end, though usually I am not a big poetry fan, I admit.
Keep going. Keep writing. :)

Unknown December 20, 2010 at 11:26 PM  

OMG!!..this was one hell of an "AMAZINGG" piece of work..lots n lots of praises for this.. I AM ACTUALLY DEFICIENT OF proper "WORDS" TO COMMENT OVER ITS ETERNAL BEAUTY...all i'm able to say right-away is KUDOSS!!..sugandha tune hamara naam roshan kr diaa aj :') :') :p :D :D

navdeep saxena December 21, 2010 at 12:40 AM  

nice realy....finaly i got 2 read a gud poetry....though i dnt bleiv in reading but i read d whole distimm....keep writin....best o luk:):):)

Pratul Bagri December 21, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

Very creative. Enjoyed a lot, keep writing these artistic verses (:

thepensivemind December 21, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

Great Work ! :)
The theme worked to well this time ...
the poetry forming the background for a touching story is simply a wonderful idea.
What i liked is the message that the poem spread,thats absolutely brilliant...
Even the character portrayed by the prisoner girl is really good.

-Shardool Kothari

Tanay December 21, 2010 at 3:46 PM  

I am not the first to comment this time :-/
Not legendary, but heavenly. Divine. I know i'm going to read this again and again for some time. Its beauty is because it's not just a tale, but it describes the divinity of music. The relaxedness of the prisoner may not be realistic, but the poetry is Godly. waah sugandha I'm indeed happy today :-) But don't continue writing more poetry. Just like I'm a one-woman man, waise hi one-poem-man too :P I've fallen in love with this poem, and wouldn't want any new one to compare this with — nothing can be better and I wouldn't like to call anything "not as good as this". Let this be a single piece.

eyeography December 23, 2010 at 1:55 PM  

This is fantastic, fabulous, splendid, marvelous..........
I have never read anything so powerful like this..

Why she wanted to be blindfolded, why he had her ears shut...very beautiful reasons for them...
A wonderful dream this is...and the ending is superb... :)

My latest post:
http://myriad-sumit.blogspot.com/2010/12/at-bakery.html

Sumit Sarkar

Sugandha December 23, 2010 at 6:55 PM  

A million thanks to each one of you above. It's so gladdening to see my so well thought-over piece of work having been able to connect with so many of you so well, for that implies the hard work didn't go waste. :)
And Sumit,it wasn't a dream actually! It's a work of pure fiction. :)

Thanks all...

anita,  December 23, 2010 at 7:14 PM  

hey..as beautiful as always.. as the last stanza says there could be many reasons for this eternal calmness and divinity..i agree..music did not quite click to me(for the obvious reason,you know..:D)..beautiful indeed..:)

Tanay December 25, 2010 at 6:30 PM  

@anita:
"As beautiful as always"? :-o
This is a once-in-a-blue-moon read, even if the poet herself refuses to believe so. One without precedent, one without successor.

Aadi December 26, 2010 at 1:09 AM  

Whooaaaa!!!
It looked like too long a post to go through but then i saw the comments and couldnt stop myself from reading all of them. Such were the comments! Full of words so big and beautiful, i thought i have lost my way to the world of a little more literate!
And then i started reading the poem(ballad), pushing aside my fear of not being able to decipher a masterpiece.
Its a little lost from reality but then its a dream!
Now the praising part! This must have taken so much time and effort!Everything rhymes!The words are beautiful... i cant compare it to poetry because like most others, i have hardly read any! But it rhymes! :)
The message is the best part... its easy to understand (much harder to apply though) and thank you so much for writing something so refreshing!
(my blog looks so poor infront of u! i just rant abt my life on it!!)

Hasan Zia February 3, 2011 at 8:04 PM  

After a long I came a cross a poet who deeply know the rules of poetry and follow too.
unlike other bloggers u got a X-factor.
"And with the two's eternal guiding light
Darkness, for me, won't ever be a plight!"
Exceptional.
Keep writing!~!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Liked this blog? Keep connected, to keep reading.

'Coz everything here, is close to my heart

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Statistics since 8 June, 2011:-

From the bottom of my heart, a message for the lazy-bones.

A very wise writer once said:
If you really like something, you must "LIKE" it too!

Needless to say, the wise writer was/is me. :|

Copyright © SUGANDHA


  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital